Add dynamic columns in variable dashboards

Anna_Otake
Anna_Otake Member
edited August 2023 in Variables Ideas

If Domo has the option to add dynamic texts in columns, that would be super helpful for variable dashboards. Currently, I have variable buttons of TY, LY, TW, Last 2 Weeks, etc, and Spend 1 and Spend 2 as column titles but if we can have TY Spend and LY Spend and TW Spend, etc. as the column titles, that would be an excellent card for the analysts.

Tagged:
26 votes

In Backlog · Last Updated

Comments

• Matt Tannyhill
    Matt Tannyhill Domo Product Manager

Great feedback Anna! This is a request we've heard from several customers and we do have a potential solution for this in mind, however, I don't have a specific timeline on when we'll be able to release this yet. Thanks for helping us improve Variables!

Matt Tannyhill

Domo – Product Manager

Data Analysis & Visualization

• Hi Matt, thank you for your comment and I look forward to when this solution is out to the public!

• MattGo
    MattGo Member

This would be extremely helpful for us. Many use cases for this.

• Would love to have this feature or a workaround. Having variable has been great and make charts dynamic, and would only make sense if the column title is aligned.

• DK2
    DK2 Member

This would also be helpful in the following scenario…

Let's say we have revenue data in a table from the past 10 years by client, by month. If we create a card and use the 'Last…13 month' date range it filters out any clients that do not have revenue in the last 13 months instead of showing them at $0.

With dynamic column names we could create 13 columns for each of the past 13 months and then set the date range filter to 'All Time' allowing all us to see all clients that have had revenue at any time and how they have done recently.