Percent Change Beast Mode Calculation

I cannot figure out how to do the beast mode calculation for this. I would like a percent change column for the most recent month to the current month? How would I do this? I've tried watching videos and this data seems to be set up differently then those videos.

Answers

• How is your data structured? That will determine how to proceed with a beast mode.

Typically when I’m working with periods comparisons I’ll establish a date dimension table to get different periods easier. I’ve done a write up on this which you can find here: https://dojo.domo.com/main/discussion/53481/a-more-flexible-way-to-do-period-over-period-comparisons#latest

**Was this post helpful? Click Agree or Like below**
    **Did this solve your problem? Accept it as a solution!**
  • @JedBenson - I would consider splitting these two metrics up into separate visuals if I were you. Maybe have a bar chart or variance chart showing the % change month over month and then this table below it. Trying to fit a calculation into a pivot table that will only calculate for certain columns is not something that I know how to do in Domo.

“There is a superhero in all of us, we just need the courage to put on the cape.” -Superman