Javascript field name has spaces

Jessica
Jessica Contributor
edited March 2023 in Apps

I have tried back ticks, brackets, everything I can think of

The script below works correctly and provides the results that I expect, but I really need to put Account Level 9 in the var where

Specifically Account Level 9 = Administrative expense

but when I add the field I get nothing. I can see the record in the output when I use the script below. I know it's correct but I am pretty sure it has to do with the fact that the field has spaces it in. The fields I am successful with below all do not. I do not want to go back and remove the spaces in the field name

I have tried this and a bunch of other variations

var where = ['TimeSeriesShort = YTD','RecordType = Standard','MOLongName = November','Account Level 9 = Administrative expense'];

If you could be specific in your response I would greatly appreciate it.

WORKING SCRIPT

var columns = ['RecordType','TimeSeriesShort','MOLongName',`Account Level 9`,`VAR P-A (A)`];

var fields = columns;

var where = ['TimeSeriesShort = YTD','RecordType = Standard','MOLongName = November'];

var query = `/data/v1/${datasets[0]}?fields=${fields.join()}&groupby=RecordType,TimeSeriesShort,MOLongName,'Account Level 9'&filter=${where.join()}`;

Tagged:

Answers

• @Jessica

Hi,

Please try changing the single quotes or ticks with double quotes. This should work.

Also, is it a view or a dataset you are trying to build this on? Is it a federated connection?

Thanks

'Happy to Help'
  • Jessica
    Jessica Contributor

Building on DDX bricks app

Can you give me an example of what you are saying above

do I change everything to single quotes? I started that way and then changed to back ticks when it didn't work

ticks with double quotes

like this?

var columns = ['RecordType','TimeSeriesShort','MOLongName',`"Account Level 9",`"VAR P-A (A)"`];

• Hi @Jessica

Something like this - ["RecordType","TimeSeriesShort","MOLongName","Account Level 9","VAR P-A (A)"]

You can try this. Also if this does not work, try removing the () parenthesis from the name, that could also be a possible reason for it to not work.

Let me know how it goes.

Thanks

'Happy to Help'
  • Jessica
    Jessica Contributor

So this works and the field that has paren in the name, is working it seems like the issue is only because it's the where and groupby?

var domo = window.domo;

var datasets = window.datasets;

var myTable = document.getElementById('myTable');

var fields = ['TimeSeriesShort','VAR P-A (A)'];

const where = ['TimeSeriesShort = CM'];

var groupby = ['TimeSeriesShort'];

var query = `/data/v1/${datasets[0]}?fields=${fields.join()}&groupby=${groupby.join()}&filter=${where.join()}`;

further down in script

function getRow(rowData, index){ 

var rowEl = document.createElement('tr');

var td1 = rowEl.appendChild(document.createElement('td'));

var td2 = rowEl.appendChild(document.createElement('td'));

td1.innerText = rowData['TimeSeriesShort'];

td2.innerText = rowData["VAR P-A (A)"]; this row works this or with 'VAR P-A (A)' the results are accurate both

return rowEl;

This does not work, I have tried back ticks and single quotes and double quotes unsuccessfully

var domo = window.domo;

var datasets = window.datasets;

var myTable = document.getElementById('myTable');

var fields = ["Account Level 9 Code","VAR P-A (A)"];

const where = ["Account Level 9 Code = 600011"];

var groupby = ["Account Level 9 Code"];

var query = `/data/v1/${datasets[0]}?fields=${fields.join()}&groupby=${groupby.join()}&filter=${where.join()}`;

function getRow(rowData, index){  

var rowEl = document.createElement('tr');

var td1 = rowEl.appendChild(document.createElement('td'));

var td2 = rowEl.appendChild(document.createElement('td'));

td1.innerText = rowData["Account Level 9 Code"];

td2.innerText = rowData['VAR P-A (A)'];

return rowEl;

• Jessica
    Jessica Contributor
    edited January 2023

Hopefully this shorter amount of code will make it easier

Validated that this works

const where = ['TimeSeriesShort = CM','Version != OEP_Working','RANK_Version = 1','RecordType = Standard','BA_MA_SSP = Total Company Management View'];

This is just one of the MANY combinations I have tried that do NOT work. I have tried everything I can think of probably going to file a support ticket on it, back tics, single quotes, double quotes, brackets, underscores, %20 &nbsp still can't figure it out and I cannot change the field name, Account Level 9 Code, has spaces.

const where = ['TimeSeriesShort = CM','Version != OEP_Working','RANK_Version = 1','RecordType = Standard','BA_MA_SSP = Total Company Management View','[Account Level 9 Code] = 600011'];

• @Jessica - did you ever find a solution to this? Dealing with the same problem.

• Jessica
    Jessica Contributor

No, no response or solution. I may submit support ticket