renee12345 Member
edited March 2023 in Scheduled Reports

How do you add a dataset in sandbox? Not finding much documentation

Tagged:

Answers

• amehdad
    amehdad Coach
    edited February 2023

Hi @renee12345, to your point on there being one article [https://domo-support.domo.com/s/article/000005059?language=en_US] only essentially, best to have your / your company's customer success representative from Domo give a good walkthrough of the Sandbox feature. On your question, when you are in Sandbox, you create a new repository and then can select which Object Type and items you want included. The article uses cards/charts, images as examples but it should also enable adding datasets.

• Hi @amehdad yes I saw this article. I'm wondering if we can promote changes from PROD to Sandbox or does the material have to originate in the sandbox?

• Hi @renee12345, I believe changes can be promoted from Sandbox to Prod and that you'll need to create another instance in Repositories for any subsequent changes (i.e. Prod to Sandbox).

@G_Woo, hi mate, is what I've noted correct and if not please share what you know.

• Hi @amehdad sounds like you have some experience with Sandbox. Have you ever run into this issue when trying to promote and link? It says I have "unmapped accounts"? Trying to navigate towards a solution here!

• McSQL
    McSQL Domo Employee

@renee12345 When promoting a "Connectors" repository, you need to have the connector account defined in both instances. This is because Sandbox doesn't copy through credentials. There are also scenarios where people have a "Dev" credential and a "Prod" credential. This mapping functionality allows you to choose the appropriate connector account to power up the data source being copied in the repository.

**Say “Thanks" by clicking the thumbs up in the post that helped you.
    **Please mark the post that solves your problem by clicking on "Accept as Solution"
  • McSQL
    McSQL Domo Employee

The original question around data sets. Sandbox doesn't copy data between instances. You can use sandbox to copy connector definitions. Other options to get the raw data in place: virtual data sets or dataset copy connector.

**Say “Thanks" by clicking the thumbs up in the post that helped you.
    **Please mark the post that solves your problem by clicking on "Accept as Solution"
  • GWoo
    GWoo Domo Employee

Hi @amehdad yes that's correct you can promote from Prod to Sandbox however a new repository will need to be created.