Subscriber instance sharing board scenario

Hi guys,

We have users on a subscriber instance embedded into our web application.

I am having to give users the below grant to allow them to share boards they have created.

Without this they don't see the share + button at the top right even though they are the owner. I noticed when they do share with another user that user can reshare the board. Does this sound correct?

Answers

• Hi @Jones01

Sharing depends on the user's access level, you should be checking what access the user has to confirm if the user can share it further or not.

'Happy to Help'
  • Jones01
    Jones01 Contributor

@Aditya_Jain thanks but looking at the grants available it isn't obvious which one would enable the sharing of pages.

• @Jones01 - "Manage All Cards and Pages" Will give blanket access to all the cards and pages on the instance.

For limited access (access limited to where the person has access to the page/card and/or is the owner then you can try "Edit Pages" and "Edit Cards" option which would allow the users to share the pages/cards they have access to.

Let me know if this clarifies

'Happy to Help'
  • Jones01
    Jones01 Contributor

Hi @Aditya_Jain

The user currently has a role with these grants and the share option doesn't appear unless I give the Manage All Cards grant but that seems like overkill.