Dynamic Variables should dynamically change formatting as well

bradyprice19
bradyprice19 Member
edited December 2023 in Variables Ideas

Our company loves the beta of variables. We are able to create charts now where our users are able to change the dimensions and metrics they want on the fly.

Our only problem is that we aren't able to dynamically change the format of that metric. So if our stakeholders select Business Area and they want to see the total clicks on ads in each business area, but then they also want to see the total cost for their ads in each business area, then I want the format of the metric to change from numbers to currency. Currently that's not possible. I would like that to be added to variables.

20 votes

In Backlog · Last Updated

Comments

• Jones01
    Jones01 Contributor
    edited September 2022

A further improvement would be to allow variables to be referenced in things like table headers.

• Yes, this is needed, A very good comparison is Field Parameters is power Bi which i think is a better implementation

it enables to reference Report objects such as Columns and measures directly as variables instead of creating a separate beast mode to make it work and also reserves the formatting of the measures when displayed