Can I display data in Kanban Board format or would I have better luck finding a unicorn?

More and more I am getting asked if there is a way to create a card/report where the data is displayed in a Board format (basically, vertical columns with activities slotted into the respective column).

Looking for a creative, "elegant" solution....really surprised there doesn't appear to be a Card Option to create this kind of visualization.

Anyone has suggestions, let me know. I still consider myself a Domo novice, so always looking to learn something new! 😊

Thanks in advance!

Tagged:

Answers

• Hi @Kellerry it sounds like you're looking for Domo's Projects and Tasks feature: https://domohelp.domo.com/hc/en-us/sections/360007295954-Projects-and-Tasks

• Thanks for the suggestion, but this doesn't look like it will help.

What I am looking for is a way to display the Data that we bring into DOMO from another system. I want to display that data on a Card that looks like a "Board".

This would be strictly for reporting, nothing else; it doesn't need to function like a boad, just "appear" like one to simplify report content.

Currently, the user has a list report that is grouped by status. List reports get busy looking and don't lend themselves to be "visually" appealing to look it or discuss. The goal is to provide a report that looks like a board with vertical columns for status, and the appearance of a card for each item that belongs in each of the respective columns.

Thanks for your feedback though. ☺️

• @Kellerry That makes sense. In that case, I'd suggest adding is as a new chart type request in the Ideas Exchange

• Depending on how your data is structured, it seems like you could dress up a table card or pivot table card to get the columns you want.

**Check out my Domo Tips & Tricks Videos

**Make sure to <3 any users posts that helped you.
    **Please mark as accepted the ones who solved your issue.
  • @MarkSnodgrass - thanks for the suggestion.... seems that I may need to venture down this path since there does not appear to be any OOB Card that addresses Boards, specifically.

I'll attempt to dress up a table. πŸ‘“οΈπŸ‘—πŸ‘ πŸ˜…

I'm just disappointed that they don't have a template for this. ☹️