Delete dashboard

Hi,

Using Domo Everywhere edit experience with publish/subscriber model.

If a user takes a copy of a dashboard or creates their own. How do they remove them?

Thanks

Answers

• damen
    damen Contributor

Go to more -- admin -- pages and that is where one will be able to find the options.

The only way to delete a dashboard is as an admin, within our company at least.

If this helps, feel free to agree, accept or awesome it!

• jaeW_at_Onyx
    jaeW_at_Onyx Coach
    edited September 2022

@damen more specifically you need the grant (defined by Roles) that allows you manage pages.

https://domohelp.domo.com/hc/en-us/articles/360043438973-Managing-Custom-Roles#:~:text=You%20can%20create%20as%20many,enabled%20to%20access%20this%20tool.

it's not specifically that you have to be an "admin" you just need the appropriate grant.

"Custom Roles" is a domo feature that needs to be enabled in your instance.

Jae Wilson
    Check out my 🎥 Domo Training YouTube Channel 👨‍💻

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the ❤️ in the post that helped you.
    **Please mark the post that solves your problem by clicking on "Accept as Solution"
  • Jones01
    Jones01 Contributor

@damen@jaeW_at_Onyx looks like we have custom roles for our embedded domo everywhere instances (via broker).

I'll have a look but I'm not sure it provides a way for a user to remove only their own dashboards.

Surely the functionality should be in the manage dashboards popup at the bottom left

• @Jones01 if a user locks their dashboard, then only admins or owners can edit it.

Jae Wilson
    Check out my 🎥 Domo Training YouTube Channel 👨‍💻

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the ❤️ in the post that helped you.
    **Please mark the post that solves your problem by clicking on "Accept as Solution"
  • damen
    damen Contributor

@jaeW_at_Onyx Yeah good distinction there. Within our company, the only ones who can delete the dashboard are the admins but I appreciate you breaking it down even further and explaining how it is actually the grants within each role that drive that.

If this helps, feel free to agree, accept or awesome it!