Convert Dashboard to Sub-Dashboard?

datamatt
datamatt Member
edited March 2023 in Scheduled Reports

Hi there, is it possible to convert a dashboard to a sub-dashboard? I know on the "Manage Dashboards" screen, you can drag the order of dashboards around and you can create subdashboards from scratch, but I can't seem to figure out how to take a dashboard that already exists and drag it or do something else to it to make it a sub-dashboard to another dashboard. Is that possible?

It's not the end of the world if not; it's just that I've got one dashboard where I want all the cards and layout of the top section to remain the same, and it'd be much easier to just save a copy of the dashboard and then make that copy a sub-dashboard instead of having to create sub-dashboards from scratch. Thanks all!

Tagged:

Comments

• Ah, interesting. I wonder if that's something only available to people with the Admin role. I'm just an Editor, and while I can open the admin console and click on the pages link, I don't get the ability to select multiple different pages or the little Edit box in the upper right hand corner. I get a list of dashboards, and I can add/remove people, add/remove cards, or delete the dashboards altogether, but nothing beyond that. I'll ask around to see if someone in my organization who's an admin gets something different. Either way, it's not a huge deal for me, at least at the moment; my current need for it is fairly low impact, so if I don't have it, it's not the end of the world. Nonetheless, thanks for the tip!

• @datamatt Admin is just the name of a role. each role can have different grants

https://domohelp.domo.com/hc/en-us/articles/360043438973-Managing-Custom-Roles

so no, you don't have to be an admin in order to engage with the admin section.

Jae Wilson
    Check out my 🎥 Domo Training YouTube Channel 👨‍💻

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the ❤️ in the post that helped you.
    **Please mark the post that solves your problem by clicking on "Accept as Solution"