Smarttext showing actual dates used

Options
Jones01
Jones01 Contributor

Hi guys,

Quick question about smarttext. I have a dashboard and the widgets show stuff like This Year etc but I want the dashboard to actually show me the dates somewhere.

So if the user select last week somewhere it would have 18/07/2022 to 24/07/2022.

Can this be achieved?

Thanks

Paul

Best Answer

• MichelleH
    MichelleH Coach
    Answer ✓
    Options

@Jones01 Do you have this box checked in your card? I believe the date must be visible in order to be affected by the global date filter.

Answers

• GrantSmith
    Options

It doesn't appear to be currently possible within the smart text on a title however you can utilize a notebook card and add a summary number to display the minimum or maximum values in your dataset.

https://domohelp.domo.com/hc/en-us/articles/360043430233-Adding-a-Notebook-Card#4.

I'd also recommend adding this as an idea to the idea exchange on the Dojo for product to look at.

**Was this post helpful? Click Agree or Like below**
    **Did this solve your problem? Accept it as a solution!**
  • Jones01
    Jones01 Contributor
    Options

Thanks. Unfortunately it doesn't look like the summary number works for dates. I may be mistaken.

• MichelleH
    Options

@Jones01 You can customize your summary number by wrapping it in a CONCAT() function like the examples in this article: https://domohelp.domo.com/hc/en-us/articles/360043430093-Sample-Beast-Mode-Calculations-Card-Element-Transforms#4.

Here is an example of what that could look like:

CONCAT(DATE_FORMAT(MIN(`Date`),'%m/%d/%y'),' - ',DATE_FORMAT(MAX(`Date`),'%m/%d/%y'))

• Jones01
    Jones01 Contributor
    Options

Thanks. That worked to an extent but when you filter the dashboard by a different range on the global date selector this doesn't get updated and just stays at the min and max date across the dataset.

It only updates if you use the Filter Views option.

• MichelleH
    MichelleH Coach
    Answer ✓
    Options

@Jones01 Do you have this box checked in your card? I believe the date must be visible in order to be affected by the global date filter.

• Jones01
    Jones01 Contributor
    Options

@MichelleH spot on. thank you so much for your help with this.