Comparative Gauge using Scale Abbreviation for Value Change

Hi there! I am trying to have a comparative gauge show a value change, but the whole number and not abbreviated into thousands (K) or millions (M). I can't seem to find a way to get it to stop abbreviating on this particular card type. Any suggestions?

Best Answers

• MarkSnodgrass
    Answer ✓

Agree with @RobSomers that you should submit it to the Ideas Exchange as the gauge should have that feature. I have found the comparative gauge a bit too limited. I tend to use the multi-value gauge, which has a lot more customization options and can show the value or percent difference between two values.

**Check out my Domo Tips & Tricks Videos

**Make sure to <3 any users posts that helped you.
    **Please mark as accepted the ones who solved your issue.
  • MarkSnodgrass
    Answer ✓

@lweiler doing some quick testing, it looks like you need to have something in the optional group by field in order for it to calculate the value change correctly. I would drag Company Name into the group by field.

As an example, I created a test dataset that had one row with three fields (description, value, target) and had the following values:

Description: Test

Value: 4

Target: 6.

I changed the chart property for Change Value Options to match what you had and it displayed the correct value change:

Answers

• I don't think there's a way to do this, which seems a little odd. I'd use 'Feedback' to suggest it to Domo as well as post it in Ideas Exchange. I'll definitely upvote it if you do!

**Was this post helpful? Click Agree or Like below**

**Did this solve your problem? Accept it as a solution!**

• MarkSnodgrass
    Answer ✓

Agree with @RobSomers that you should submit it to the Ideas Exchange as the gauge should have that feature. I have found the comparative gauge a bit too limited. I tend to use the multi-value gauge, which has a lot more customization options and can show the value or percent difference between two values.

• @RobSomers @MarkSnodgrass Thank you for the helpful responses. I switched to the multi-value gauge and it does seem more flexible for display options. But now I am running into a new issue that I am hoping you might help me with. My dataset has three columns: Company Name, Previous Rolling 12 Months, and Current Rolling 12 Months. This is for a dashboard that will always be filtered to Company Name. I want the value change between the Previous Rolling 12 and the Current Rolling 12. I have the Target Value set as the Previous Rolling 12 and the Gauge Value set as the Current Rolling 12. I have the card set to compare the Last Target Value and the Last Value. This should in theory work since each company only has one line so when I filter to the company, the last values in each column are the only columns. However, the value change consistently stays at zero. I have tried using different aggregations of the two data columns as well and no change. Any ideas?

• MarkSnodgrass
    Answer ✓

@lweiler doing some quick testing, it looks like you need to have something in the optional group by field in order for it to calculate the value change correctly. I would drag Company Name into the group by field.

As an example, I created a test dataset that had one row with three fields (description, value, target) and had the following values:

Description: Test

Value: 4

Target: 6.

I changed the chart property for Change Value Options to match what you had and it displayed the correct value change:

• @MarkSnodgrass Thank you so much! That was the issue. Appreciate your quick response!