Sharing Dashboard with viewers of another dashboard

ozarkram
ozarkram Member
edited June 2022 in Magic ETL

Hi All,

I have a dashboard by the name (Dashboard 6) which is currently shared with 165 users ..I need to share another dashboard (Dashboard 7) with the same set of 165 users...Can you please let me know how to go about the same..Any shortcuts for the same...

Thanks,

Arun

Tagged:

Best Answer

• MarkSnodgrass
    edited June 2022 Answer ✓

It is a best practice to use groups when providing access to pages, so that it is not a tedious process to give access to additional pages to the same people. I would suggest creating groups and adding those pages to the appropriate groups.

A short-term workaround might be to do the following:

1. Go to the Admin Center and click on Pages,
    2. Select the Dashboard 7 page and select move pages and make it a subpage of Dashboard 6 and choose Inherit permissions from parent page.

This will add all 165 people to the Dashboard 7 page.

You can then move it back to its original location by doing the move page function again and tell it to keep existing permissions.

**Check out my Domo Tips & Tricks Videos

**Make sure to <3 any users posts that helped you.
    **Please mark as accepted the ones who solved your issue.

Answers

• GrantSmith
    GrantSmith Coach
    edited June 2022

There isn't a way to copy the list of shared users from one page to another easily. You'll need to manually share the page with each user / group.

**Was this post helpful? Click Agree or Like below**
    **Did this solve your problem? Accept it as a solution!**
  • MarkSnodgrass
    edited June 2022 Answer ✓

It is a best practice to use groups when providing access to pages, so that it is not a tedious process to give access to additional pages to the same people. I would suggest creating groups and adding those pages to the appropriate groups.

A short-term workaround might be to do the following:

1. Go to the Admin Center and click on Pages,
    2. Select the Dashboard 7 page and select move pages and make it a subpage of Dashboard 6 and choose Inherit permissions from parent page.

This will add all 165 people to the Dashboard 7 page.

You can then move it back to its original location by doing the move page function again and tell it to keep existing permissions.

**Check out my Domo Tips & Tricks Videos

**Make sure to <3 any users posts that helped you.
    **Please mark as accepted the ones who solved your issue.
  • Thank you so much @MarkSnodgrass ..Really appreciate your help!

• @MarkSnodgrass - Clever hack!

**Was this post helpful? Click Agree or Like below**
    **Did this solve your problem? Accept it as a solution!**