rdomo How to append data

I'm trying to append data to a data set (created via rdomo) using the rdomo package.

I've tried with the ds_update function but it looks like it's replacing the data.

Is there any other function I can use?

Answers

• Have you tried passing in 'APPEND' as the update method parameter in your ds_update function?

**Was this post helpful? Click Agree or Like below**
    **Did this solve your problem? Accept it as a solution!**
  • yes I've tried but it looks like the function accept only 2 parameters.

I've tried update_domo <- domo$ds_update("ds_id",my_dataset,"APPEND") but it doesn't work

From R help:

Usage

ds_update(ds_id, df_up)

Arguments

ds_id Data set id (from url in Domo).

df_up Dataframe to upload.

• I was hoping it mirrored the pydomo package but doesn't appear to be the case. What you could do is configure an ETL to do a recursive append every time your rdomo dataset is updated in Domo.

Creating a Recursive/Snapshot DataFlow in the New Magic ETL

**Was this post helpful? Click Agree or Like below**
    **Did this solve your problem? Accept it as a solution!**
  • I'll give it a try. Thanks! It would be great to have this function in the package btw.

• @hello_data if you're getting into scripting outside of Domo I'd take a look at the Java CLI in addition to rdomo or pydomo.

this might be a clean low code way to push data into Domo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kHSeSbSFS1Q I don't recall if the UPSERT example worked in the end but it does give you an idea of how you can get playing with the CLI

Jae Wilson
    Check out my 🎥 Domo Training YouTube Channel 👨‍💻

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the ❤️ in the post that helped you.
    **Please mark the post that solves your problem by clicking on "Accept as Solution"
  • I will take a look at the Java CLI. Thanks for sharing Jae!