Is there a way to start a workbench job via a script or API hook?

I find the DOMO workbench scheduling options limited. I would like to be able to have a batch file or a python/Javascript/.net whatever kick off a workbench job, and perhaps be able to pass in parameters.

Is there a way to communicate with workbench or the system service (v3)?

Best Answer

• zcameron
    zcameron Contributor
    Answer ✓

Yes you can. Workbench can be run from the command line. 

Here's a link to the documentation:

http://wiki.domo.com/confluence/display/428BA51/Running+Workbench+3+from+the+command+line

Quick summary: 

wb queue-job --server <url> --jobid <id>

where url is the server of your Domo instance (mycompany.domo.com) and jobid is the ID of the job.

Example:

"C:\Program Files\Domo\Workbench\wb.exe" queue-job --server acme.domo.com --jobid 505

There are some notes on the help page that describe some of the details. Check it out and let me know if this is what you were looking for.

Good luck!

Answers

• zcameron
    zcameron Contributor
    Answer ✓

Yes you can. Workbench can be run from the command line. 

Here's a link to the documentation:

http://wiki.domo.com/confluence/display/428BA51/Running+Workbench+3+from+the+command+line

Quick summary: 

wb queue-job --server <url> --jobid <id>

where url is the server of your Domo instance (mycompany.domo.com) and jobid is the ID of the job.

Example:

"C:\Program Files\Domo\Workbench\wb.exe" queue-job --server acme.domo.com --jobid 505

There are some notes on the help page that describe some of the details. Check it out and let me know if this is what you were looking for.

Good luck!

• kshah008
    kshah008 Contributor

@tpeck, did zcameron's reply help answer your question?

• I did not see that there was a reply till your question came in, I am trying to get access to the wiki, then I will respond to the answer.

• Outstanding, thank you!

This discussion has been closed.