Forecast monthly expense

I'm trying to create a formula within ETL that will help budget owners understand how their expenses will be accrued over time.

Ex: There's one Purchase Order that has $10,000 left to invoice, and the PO end date is July 31,2022. Our accounting team would expense them evenly for $2,500 for April - July. So I'd need to create 4 additional columns (April, May, June, July) within ETL that includes the $2,500 value.

Tagged:

Answers

• instead of adding columns, consider adding rows.

consider trying to create an 'accruing_schedule' dataset that says

accrument_date, original_receipt date, po_id, po_id_accrument no, PO_amount, accrument_amt

so if your PO_amount was 10,000 and it was to be accrued over 4 months

you'd duplicate the row 4 times, you'd increment the accrument_date for the first (or last... whatever) day of each month. 10,000/4

po_id_accrument no

PO123_0422

PO123_0522

PO123_0622 etc.

that way you could filter accrument_date in the last 6 months and say "this is how much we accrued in the last 6 months across all your POs

if you UNION transactions, make transaction date the same as the Accrument Date and you can filter on activity_date in the last 6 months and have a column for expenses and accrument.

Jae Wilson
    Check out my 🎥 Domo Training YouTube Channel 👨‍💻

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the ❤️ in the post that helped you.
    **Please mark the post that solves your problem by clicking on "Accept as Solution"