Is there a way to share multiple datasets with someone at once?

Options

In stead of doing it one by one?

Best Answers

• jaeW_at_Onyx
    jaeW_at_Onyx Coach
    Answer ✓
    Options

there is an API for sharing.

if you share a page with a user all the cards are shared automatically, but i believe domo changed functionality a few years ago so all the datasets aren't shared automatically.

i may be mistaken (@GrantSmith ?) but if you share datasets with a group, all the users would receive access at once. so instead of sharing datasets with users, best practices dictates that we should share with groups to minimize repeated actions.

Jae Wilson
    Check out my 🎥 Domo Training YouTube Channel 👨‍💻

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the ❤️ in the post that helped you.
    **Please mark the post that solves your problem by clicking on "Accept as Solution"
  • GrantSmith
    GrantSmith Coach
    Answer ✓
    Options

@jaeW_at_Onyx - Correct. It will share the dataset with all users of that group.

@yli_2596 - You can multi-select datasets in the Data Center and then click the Face with the plus icon in the upper right to share multiple datasets with users or groups.

**Was this post helpful? Click Agree or Like below**
    **Did this solve your problem? Accept it as a solution!**

Answers

• jaeW_at_Onyx
    jaeW_at_Onyx Coach
    Answer ✓
    Options

there is an API for sharing.

if you share a page with a user all the cards are shared automatically, but i believe domo changed functionality a few years ago so all the datasets aren't shared automatically.

i may be mistaken (@GrantSmith ?) but if you share datasets with a group, all the users would receive access at once. so instead of sharing datasets with users, best practices dictates that we should share with groups to minimize repeated actions.

Jae Wilson
    Check out my 🎥 Domo Training YouTube Channel 👨‍💻

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the ❤️ in the post that helped you.
    **Please mark the post that solves your problem by clicking on "Accept as Solution"
  • GrantSmith
    GrantSmith Coach
    Answer ✓
    Options

@jaeW_at_Onyx - Correct. It will share the dataset with all users of that group.

@yli_2596 - You can multi-select datasets in the Data Center and then click the Face with the plus icon in the upper right to share multiple datasets with users or groups.

**Was this post helpful? Click Agree or Like below**
    **Did this solve your problem? Accept it as a solution!**