Zendesk Connector

Can someone using the Zendesk connector let me know if there are any tricks to getting it to connect?  I am using Username and Password, and it just won't connect.  We've tried a vew variations on url, too.  Thanks!

DataMaven
Breaking Down Silos - Building Bridges
**Say "Thanks" by clicking a reaction in the post that helped you.
**Please mark the post that solves your problem by clicking on "Accept as Solution"
Tagged:

Comments

• DataMaven,

Zendesk requires that API access through username/password be enabled for the user before API access is allowed.

Here's the link in their documentation: https://support.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/115002555167-Using-the-API-dashboard#enabling_password_or_token_access

I hope that helps!

• Does anyone know if the Zendesk Connector can pull in the Display Names for custom fields rather than the tag? So far I think my only solution to getting the proper Display Names for custom fields in my reports is to do a JSON API call to pull in the Field Details and Values separately and then join to that data in Magic ETL. This is pretty painful if you have to do it for numerous custom fields.

• imelendez
    imelendez Member
    edited March 2022

Well look at who will be helping you now, Alexis :) @DataMaven

You just need an API key and make sure the user accessing the Zendesk account has admin level access. We used a service account.

• Go to profile top right
    • click on Admin center
    • Click on Apps and Integrations
    • APIs
    • Generate/Add API Token
    • Copy they Key and paste in domo when prompted

Hope this helps!

The Zendesk Domo connector is very limited, not a fan of it, I would explore leveraging the API to bring in your data in programmatically to open up better reporting.

The URL should always be subdomain.zendesk.com

-Isaiah

• @DataMaven i believe Domo are using Zendesk...

Jae Wilson
    Check out my 🎥 Domo Training YouTube Channel 👨‍💻

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the ❤️ in the post that helped you.
    **Please mark the post that solves your problem by clicking on "Accept as Solution"