See underlying data sources for a dashboard

I'm looking for a quick way to go to a dashboard and then find out which data sources are being used for any of the cards on that dashboard. If that dashboard has something like 20 cards it would be nice to be able to see a list of the data sources used. I know I can go to the data source, and then see which cards it is powering, but I'm looking to work backwards here.

I've inherited a few dashboards and instead of going through each card to see what the data source is I'm looking to save time and just get a list so I can visit those sources directly.

Tagged:

Best Answer

• GrantSmith
    GrantSmith Coach
    Answer ✓

You could utilize the DomoStats connector and pull in information about cards and pages then use a table card to filter and display all of the input dataset on your given page. You could even set up hyperlink beastmodes to go directly to the dataset.

**Was this post helpful? Click Agree or Like below**
    **Did this solve your problem? Accept it as a solution!**

Answers

• GrantSmith
    GrantSmith Coach
    Answer ✓

You could utilize the DomoStats connector and pull in information about cards and pages then use a table card to filter and display all of the input dataset on your given page. You could even set up hyperlink beastmodes to go directly to the dataset.

**Was this post helpful? Click Agree or Like below**
    **Did this solve your problem? Accept it as a solution!**
  • It would be nice if there was a switch you could toggle to show all the datasources used on the page, but there is not. The easiest way I have found is to start to add a page filter and then click on a field that has an arrow next to it. This will show you the datasets on the page that exist. If you have a common field that all your dashboard cards use, pick that one to look at and you can quickly see the names of all datasets being used.

**Check out my Domo Tips & Tricks Videos

**Make sure to <3 any users posts that helped you.
    **Please mark as accepted the ones who solved your issue.
  • @GrantSmith

posting the same comment I posted elsewhere:

thanks for pointing me to that! I'm actually having trouble finding the right report though, I don't see the one you are mentioning. I can find a Datasets report, but not a card specific report. I can barely find anything about cards - it looks like only in the activity log and it just tells you if a card was created and who it was created by. I'm wondering if I don't have something enabled? Even in the Domostats document there's very little info about cards, and the section that it talks about the Activity I can't even recreate the example they give (added_to not an option, none of the "card" types will show me a page id etc.) any additional ideas?

Thanks!

Casey