Dashboard question

Crystal_Z
Crystal_Z Member
edited March 2023 in Datasets

Hi, I'm new to Domo dashboard and want to know whether there's a way if you click on one bar in the bar chart it will switch the dashboard to a new dataset.

Like here if I have a dataset that is the overall of the months(2010-Jan ~2010-Dec), and I have separate dataset with more detailed info about each month.. I want the dashboard be linked with different dataset and can switch by clicking on the bar.

If I click on "2010-Feb", I want my dashboard to switch to the 2010-Jan dataset and the dashboard will switch to the dashboard with detailed info cards about "2010-Feb".

Does anyone know how to do this?

Best Answers

• GrantSmith
    GrantSmith Coach
    Answer ✓

Hi @Crystal_Z

Currently it's not possible to dynamically change the dataset on a daashboard dynamically. You can use a drill path to display a different card with a different dataset but that would only apply to that single card and not your entire page.

**Was this post helpful? Click Agree or Like below**
    **Did this solve your problem? Accept it as a solution!**
  • Ashleigh
    Ashleigh Coach
    Answer ✓

@Crystal_Z perhaps you do not need to switch datasets. You can have one card with summary views and another with detailed views. As long as the column you click on exists in both datasets then when you filter the summary one it should filter the detailed one.

**If this answer solved your problem be sure to like it and accept it as a solution!

Answers

• GrantSmith
    GrantSmith Coach
    Answer ✓

Hi @Crystal_Z

Currently it's not possible to dynamically change the dataset on a daashboard dynamically. You can use a drill path to display a different card with a different dataset but that would only apply to that single card and not your entire page.

**Was this post helpful? Click Agree or Like below**
    **Did this solve your problem? Accept it as a solution!**
  • Ashleigh
    Ashleigh Coach
    Answer ✓

@Crystal_Z perhaps you do not need to switch datasets. You can have one card with summary views and another with detailed views. As long as the column you click on exists in both datasets then when you filter the summary one it should filter the detailed one.

**If this answer solved your problem be sure to like it and accept it as a solution!

• Thank you ! @GrantSmith and @Ashleigh !

I will try both, but since drill path can only display one card so it might be difficult to show a lot of cards at a time. I might try to combine all the dataset into one and do what Ashleigh suggested.

But thank you to you all again!