Get MySQL on latest version

MarkSnodgrass
edited November 2023 in Magic ETL Ideas

Currently, Domo's MySQL is on version 5.6, which is approaching end of support. There are also a number of commonly used features that people want to use in MySQL, but can't because it is still on version 5.6. Please upgrade to the latest version.

**Check out my Domo Tips & Tricks Videos

**Make sure to <3 any users posts that helped you.
**Please mark as accepted the ones who solved your issue.
Tagged:
74 votes

In Review · Last Updated

We are currently developing a SQL Tile for MagicETL. The comments provided in the thread explain a little more. Moving this to 'In Review' as we believe the SQL Tile will help address the the needs. Will plan to move to 'Workaround Recommended' once SQL tile is available in MagicETL

Comments

• This needs to get implemented. MySQL 5.6 is over 8 years old. Even the latest version MySQL 8 is 3 years old.

“There is a superhero in all of us, we just need the courage to put on the cape.” -Superman
  • This really needs to move forward.. we need to be able to use CTE to optimize queries.

• Any updates for this?

“There is a superhero in all of us, we just need the courage to put on the cape.” -Superman
  • pydomoguy
    pydomoguy Member
    edited December 2022

Aside from missing windows and JSON functions in MySQL 5.6 there are security flaws to consider. This is pretty sad that we are still stuck on MySQL version 5.6.37-82.2-82.2. While I realize that Magic ETL is all that there are still a lot of people who find the MySQL dataflows to be their preference.

So I drop my token in the basket to please upgrade MySQL when possible. Hopefully in 2023.

🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏

• AnwarBham
    AnwarBham Contributor

Any update on this. I also noticed the ppt plugin is on .net 4.5 is this a trend

• This would be great!