Is it possible for a scheduled report to include a hyperlink?

We have a number of table cards that include hyperlinks but they do not come across as hyperlinks when you schedule the report to hit an inbox. Is there a way to enable the hyperlink in a scheduled report?

Best Answers

• MarkSnodgrass
    Answer ✓

@MattGo I did just do a test using the HTML table card and if you have a column that has a hyperlink, it renders properly in the e-mail body itself and will take the user to the link. I did find that you need to make sure that your link is in one of the first few columns because it doesn't seem to show all of the columns in the e-mail if you have a lot of columns or some very wide columns.

**Check out my Domo Tips & Tricks Videos

**Make sure to <3 any users posts that helped you.
    **Please mark as accepted the ones who solved your issue.
  • MarkSnodgrass
    Answer ✓

This is what the beast mode looks like:

CONCAT('<a href=https://www.google.com>Google</a>')

If your url is coming from the dataset, you would add additional concat arguments and use your fields.

Answers

• @MattGo - I'm not aware of any way to do this. Most scheduled reports just link back to Domo if you click on the report (which would then have the hyperlink). However, I wanted to follow this conversation in case there was a feature that I'm not aware of :)

“There is a superhero in all of us, we just need the courage to put on the cape.” -Superman
  • @MattGo Scheduled reports are more like screenshots. You could try and include an excel in your report which people could then get the links from there (although you would have to create a report on a card and not a dashboard).

**If this answer solved your problem be sure to like it and accept it as a solution!

• MarkSnodgrass
    Answer ✓

@MattGo I did just do a test using the HTML table card and if you have a column that has a hyperlink, it renders properly in the e-mail body itself and will take the user to the link. I did find that you need to make sure that your link is in one of the first few columns because it doesn't seem to show all of the columns in the e-mail if you have a lot of columns or some very wide columns.

• @MattGo I'm not sure if this helps your situation or not, but hyperlinks do work in scheduled reports if they are in the summary number.

• MattGo
    MattGo Member
    edited January 2022

@MarkSnodgrass I assume your html column is a beast mode? Would you mind sharing that? The hyperlinks I have do not render as hyperlinks when I schedule a HTML table card.

Thanks to everyone for the responses!

• MarkSnodgrass
    Answer ✓

This is what the beast mode looks like:

CONCAT('<a href=https://www.google.com>Google</a>')

If your url is coming from the dataset, you would add additional concat arguments and use your fields.

• @MarkSnodgrass I copied and pasted your beast mode and got the same results. I see the hyperlink in the card in Domo but not in the email. I don't supposed there are any card settings you had to adjust or anything? Thanks!

• Are you using the HTML table card? This is not the standard table card, but is found under tables and textboxes in the chart type dropdown list.

• MattGo
    MattGo Member
    edited January 2022

@MarkSnodgrass Ahhh, I THOUGHT I was using an HTML card but clearly was not. Sorry about that and thanks again for all your help!

• @MattGo not a problem. Happy to help. If you can mark any answers as accepted that helped you, that will help others in the community.

• hi! my URL is coming in as a column in the dataset. this is the SQL I have right now:

CONCAT('<a href="',Article Link,'"','"target="_blank">',Article,'')

It works when I click on the link in Domo, but does not work when I try to click on it via email through the scheduled report. Is there a way I can fix?