PDP Policy Simple Filter - don't see value in dropdown list

I am trying to filter by store number (Store No) for a particular PDP policy and I'm searching "8". The value is definitely in the dataset, but it does not appear in the dropdown list and I'm assuming this is due to some sort of limit on how many values can be displayed in it. Is there a keyword or phrase I can add to the search bar so that I only search for the value "8" and not all values containing "8"?

Tagged:

Answers

• GrantSmith
    GrantSmith Coach
    edited January 2022

Hi @loganherzog

You're likely correct in that there's too many values for it to find just '8'. If it's a numerical column you can use a Custom Filter PDP and just state Store No between 8 and 8 to do a hacked equals equation.

Alternatively you could format your numbers as 3 digit (assuming the highest store number you have is 3 digits) left padded with 0s so your store 8 would be 008 which would allow you to find it easier in the list.

**Was this post helpful? Click Agree or Like below**
    **Did this solve your problem? Accept it as a solution!**
  • Thank you for the response!

Unfortunately we need to keep our store numbers formatted as text for this dataset and preceding zeros may alter downstream ETL's, so I'm not sure either of those two particular solutions will work for the time being.

• mhouston
    mhouston Contributor

@loganherzog could you create a new column (i.e. StoreNo_PDP) using the formula tile for use in the PDP policy that meets either of @GrantSmith suggestions? Then you would not risk altering downstream ETL's.

• You may also want to look into PDP Policy Autocreation:

https://domohelp.domo.com/hc/en-us/articles/360043439353-PDP-Policy-Autocreation

Talk with your CSM to get the jar file.

**Was this post helpful? Click Agree or Like below**
    **Did this solve your problem? Accept it as a solution!**