Slicer Select All Feature

I have a slicer card set up on a dashboard. I can do multi-select but I'd like to be able to select all of them then unselect one or a few. Is there a way to set up a select all feature so that when its embedded onto a website, users can select all on the slicer and then deselect one or more. Right now they have to manually select all of them then deselect the ones they dont want.

Best Answer

• dclemenson
    dclemenson Member
    Answer ✓

@daniel_cruz_2016 the Slicer card General Properties has a Hide Header option which determines whether the 'Select all (#)' and 'Show selected' headers are displayed.

Answers

• Hi @daniel_cruz_2016

This currently isn't an option. I'd recommend adding it as a idea to the idea exchange.

**Was this post helpful? Click Agree or Like below**
    **Did this solve your problem? Accept it as a solution!**
  • mhouston
    mhouston Contributor

@daniel_cruz_2016 are your users viewing it at the dashboard level? Do you have the "Select all" at the top of the card when viewing in a dashboard?

I am able to do what you describe when using a filter card on a dashboard - the top left has a select all (#) option, and after selecting that you can unselect one or two. However if I'm in the card details view this option disappears, so it may be a function of where you are performing the selection.

• dclemenson
    dclemenson Member
    Answer ✓

@daniel_cruz_2016 the Slicer card General Properties has a Hide Header option which determines whether the 'Select all (#)' and 'Show selected' headers are displayed.

• This comment worked! Thank You @dclemenson! the Slicer card General Properties has a Hide Header option which determines whether the 'Select all (#)' and 'Show selected' headers are displayed.