Is there a way to export or distribute a publication page based on a filter?

We currently have several publication pages and we would like to share public publications based on those publication pages ... however when you share a pulication it is all the raw unfiltered information.

Is there an easy way to do this or has anyone else encountered this? 

It looks like the PPT exports filtered down based on the security group, perhaps there is a DOMO API we can tap into to download the various PPT's?

Best Answer

• nalbright
    nalbright Contributor
    Answer ✓

Do you think you'd like to suggest the Domo API for downloading filtered powerpoints as an idea here:

http://dojo.domo.com/t5/Ideas-Please-suggest-ideas-to/idb-p/Ideas

Like Robin, I'm definitely curious for this, especially as I am looking to build report cards for various departments for my company on our instance and filtering the information would be important.

"When I have money, I buy books. When I have no money, I buy food." - Erasmus of Rotterdam

Answers

• RobynLinden
    RobynLinden Contributor

I don't have publication groups in my instance (yet..), but I have had a similar frustration with applying a filter to a page of cards via the Analyzer, creating a publication, and seeing the unfiltered cards show up as a result. Would be great to learn how to correct this, or to see Domo make an improvement to this feature.

Broadway + Data
  • nalbright
    nalbright Contributor
    Answer ✓

Do you think you'd like to suggest the Domo API for downloading filtered powerpoints as an idea here:

http://dojo.domo.com/t5/Ideas-Please-suggest-ideas-to/idb-p/Ideas

Like Robin, I'm definitely curious for this, especially as I am looking to build report cards for various departments for my company on our instance and filtering the information would be important.

"When I have money, I buy books. When I have no money, I buy food." - Erasmus of Rotterdam
  • slayton
    slayton Member

Thanks for the link - i didn't realize there was a suggestion/idea page - this would fit nicely there. thanks!

• nalbright
    nalbright Contributor

You're very welcome; I saw you were new here, so I figured it would be good to point you to the ideas page. ?

• pliu
    pliu Contributor

I think this is a bug. "Publish as Slideshow" picks up the unfiltered source page of a publication group page for the slideshow, not the filtered publication group page.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumbs up in the post that helped you.
    **Please mark the post that solves your problem as "Accepted Solution".
  • DeeDub
    DeeDub Domo Employee

We currently have an enhancement request in to Development to add this feature.  The request number is DOMO-13720.  
    Thanks,

• Thanks for the update @DeeDub. Can you make a note to update this thread when the enhancement is released so the folks on the thread get notified of the update.

Then we can mark this as solved.

Regards,

Dani

• DeeDub
    DeeDub Domo Employee

Will do.

• Just curious on the status of DOMO-13720. Is there a place to check the status?

• Same here, what is the status of DOMO-13720 please? Thanks.

• product_John
    product_John Domo Employee

@StevenC Can you provide an update on this please?

Product Manager, Domo Apps
  • DeeDub
    DeeDub Domo Employee

With this being an enhancement request, there is no ETA as to when or if this will be implemented.  If it is implemented in the future, it will be mentioned in the product updates.  Thanks,

• @DeeDub

Thanks very much for the reply!

Share the same feeling as some of the previous posts that it's more like a bug since all other opions like "Export as power point" & "View page as  slide show" are capturing the filters.

Looking forward to this feature if it's already in the coming list..! 

This discussion has been closed.