Dynamics 365 Emails - From, To and CC

Hello everyone,

I am trying to build a dataset based on emails coming from Dynamics CRM. I am using the right connector and I was able yo map pretty much all the fields I needed through joins with other entities.

However, I am having trouble figuring out the From, To and CC fields and for emails they are quite relevant fields.

First, the CC field, I can see the text List in some of the fields (the others have blank). Is there a way to extract the individual values from List, or it should be done in Dynamics CRM?

From and To, I want to extract the name and not email address and it works fine for emails sent out from CRM but for email coming into CRM it does not.

I tried running a simple report in CRM to see what these fields are based on and it gives me the name of the fields but when I see them in Domo they are either List of blank for outgoing emails.

Do you have any idea what other structures I should be joining to extract these values?

Thank you.

Florian

Comments

• Hi @FXM32

You're receiving List as a text in your dataset because the CRM API is returning a list of values but the connector can't handle those values. You'd need to get CRM to return one record per CC or To field or you could write a custom connector to handle the data coming from the API properly. You may reach out to Support to see if they can change the connector to return the values in a CSV list instead of just the word List but I'm not certain if Domo specifically owns the connector or if it was written and published by someone else.

**Was this post helpful? Click Agree or Like below**
    **Did this solve your problem? Accept it as a solution!**
  • Hi Grant,

Thank you for the quick reply.

I will reach out to Support and hopefully they could help me.

Thanks again