Saved but incomplete. Cannot be run until all actions result in an output.

I have created a dataflow that doesn't show any issues until I save it.  I see a message near the save button that says 

Saved but incomplete. Cannot be run until all actions result in an output.

I can run the preview and see the data in the preview just fine.  I can't for the life of me figure out what's throwing this error.  All the transformations have green checks to them.  Any suggestions would help. 

Comments

• zcameron
    zcameron Contributor

Normally this error will happen if you've forgotten to add an Output Dataset to your ETL process. All the transformations may work perfectly, but if there isn't an Output Dataset, they'll have no where to go once they've been processed. Is there a chance this is what's happening in your case? The last step in the process should always be an Output Dataset, which is found under the DataSets section in the Actions menu.

• kshah008
    kshah008 Contributor

@pkp121, did zcameron's reply help you out?

• Hi there, I have the same problem! I already put an output as a data set, but it's still showing the same error. Could you kindly help me on this?

• Hi @beatricetan21 are you able to run a preview of the dataflow? If you have any ETL tiles that aren't connected to an input/output or are unused?

• @pkp121 and @beatricetan21 this sometimes happens if you have a tile somewhere that is not configured. For me it usually happens when I try to paste tiles in from another dataflow and they go somewhere way in left field that I never notice. Try zooming out on your dataflow and checking if you have a random tile somewhere.

**If this answer solved your problem be sure to like it and accept it as a solution!