Could we show the last run "date and time" of dataset on Dashboard?

user041053
user041053 Member
edited March 2021 in Charting

I want to show to my team members and other users, When the dashboard is refreshed last time.

Please suggest how I can do it?

Tagged:

Answers

• Hi @user041053

You can utilize a single value text card with your data source and select the maximum timestamp of your dataset. You'd just need to make sure to include your timestamp in your dataset. You could utilize a dataflow to add the current date time as a timestamp for when the dataset is updated.

Alternatively, you could utilize the Domo Data Governance connector to pull the DataSet information which would have the "Dataset Last Updated Date/Time" field which would contain when the dataset was last updated prior to this governance dataset updating. This would mean if your dataset updated after the governance dataset is updated then it wouldn't reflect the correct last updated date and time.

**Was this post helpful? Click Agree or Like below**
    **Did this solve your problem? Accept it as a solution!**
  • Hey @GrantSmith

Is there any way to get the last execution state of all the dataset as 'Success' or 'Failure' or 'Running' from the Domo Governance Dataset. I wanted to see which datasets are successfully ran and which are failed.

Looking forward for a solution!

Thanks

• There is a DataFlow History report you can pull which has prior executions for each dataflow using the DomoStats connector. There's another version for DataSet History as well in the DomoStats connector.

• Hi

I was looking for a execution state for datasets only. I got the status of dataflow from Domo Governance, but looking for the same for dataset from Domo governance only

• DataSet History from DomoStats is what you want. If you're interested in only the Domo Governance then you'd need to join to the DataSet datasets based on the data source ID to then be able to filter for just the governance type connector datasets.