GA Advanced Connector and Domo (Demographics)

Hi all,

I am trying to figure out some way using the Advanced Google Analytics connector to link demographic data (gender, age, affinity, in-market and other) with transaction IDs. I looked at the API documentation, and it seemed that it should work (https://ga-dev-tools.web.app/dimensions-metrics-explorer/). I tried creating segments and just pulling transaction ID and transactions, still not working. Any other ideas of how I can get this information?

Thanks!

Best Answer

• GrantSmith
    GrantSmith Coach
    Answer ✓

It’s a GA issue / limitation. Nothing you can do about it at this time.

**Was this post helpful? Click Agree or Like below**
    **Did this solve your problem? Accept it as a solution!**

Answers

• I have a lot of other data in domo already. Is that an indicator that the settings are correct? If not, what should the settings be?

• Thanks for the replies! No error in Domo and I don't see anything in the settings that would indicate trouble. Weird that this is happening. Thanks!

• @user027926

How much data are you attempting to pull? Do you happen to have GA360 or just basic GA (there's a lower limit on the amount of data you can pull)?

Have you also tried using a custom report to pull in your data?

Audience

Affinity Category

In-Market Segment

Other Category

Ecommerce Section:

Transactions (ga:transactions)

Transaction ID (ga:transactionId)

• @GrantSmith -- this is the exact custom report that I am trying to pull. I was limiting it to 90 days, just to that I could see if it works, not pulling. I'll look into GA360.

Other tips?

Thanks

• @user027926

I'm getting an error message stating they can't be queried together:

Domo is ready, but Domo received an error requesting the data. (Bad/Malformed Request). Selected dimensions and metrics cannot be queried together.

Which is odd because the dimension explorer states they should be able to be queried together. Currently looks like you won't be able to query that information together as it appears to be an issue on Google's end.

Have you tried using the Query Explorer (https://ga-dev-tools.web.app/query-explorer/) tool to see if you can query it there?

• Thanks! Agree about the oddity, which is why I'm a bit stumped. I tried it in https://ga-dev-tools.web.app/query-explorer/ and it does not run. Does this mean that its an API issue and something I can't overcome or just that I need a different version of GA? Any idea?

Thanks!

• GrantSmith
    GrantSmith Coach
    Answer ✓

It’s a GA issue / limitation. Nothing you can do about it at this time.