Grouped Bar with two categories and trend line

I am trying to create a bar chart with two categories, quarter and region, and then show a trend for each region across quarter. I am able to that by using a Grouped Bar chart with 2 Categories and a Series. But then I need to add a line that shows the average across quarters for each region. The chart would look like this.

I am able to create this chart shown below in Domo:

..but now need to add the average line across quarters for each region, the red line that I've drawn in. Can this be done in Domo?

Comments

• Many Bar charts in Domo support Trellis (search for trellis, https://domohelp.domo.com/hc/en-us/articles/360043439893-March-2019-Release-1)

But, Domo doesn't really support an X axis with two metrics. Or at least. I haven't gotten it to work. I feel like it should be possible though.

Jae Wilson
    Check out my 🎥 Domo Training YouTube Channel 👨‍💻

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the ❤️ in the post that helped you.
    **Please mark the post that solves your problem by clicking on "Accept as Solution"
  • Hi @amehdad Thanks for your input here. I am using a Grouped Bar chart where Lead Value is the Value and then I use Quarter and Region as the series. This allows for the graph I have above but I still cannot insert another value which would be the average of the lead value by Region.

When using your suggested beast mode I get an average over the entire region, but I need it by Region and then averaged over the 4 quarters shown. And then I need to add it to the chart as another value. I'm wondering if Domo can support this?