Radio Button Filter Card - Set the default selection?

Hello,

I have a Radio Button Filter Card on my page. I'd like a default value to be selected on this card. However, I can't seem to find a property that enables that.

When i use Page filters to set a default selection the user can clear the filter, or filter on multiple values (which defeats the purpose of the Radio Button Filter Card, the data only makes sense if a single value is filtered on).

Any advice?

Thanks!

Tagged:

Answers

• Hi @Nick_Bertz

Currently this isn’t possible to have a default radio button selected and filter the entire page. I think it is something that's on the roadmap to get implemented but who knows when that will be. I'd recommend adding it as an idea to the Idea Exchange. There was one submitted earlier to the Idea Exchange but it appears to have been closed (https://dojo.domo.com/discussion/47901/default-value-for-radio-group-card)

**Was this post helpful? Click Agree or Like below**
    **Did this solve your problem? Accept it as a solution!**
  • @Nick_Bertz default filter is a beta feature. talk to your CSM.

Jae Wilson
    Check out my 🎥 Domo Training YouTube Channel 👨‍💻

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the ❤️ in the post that helped you.
    **Please mark the post that solves your problem by clicking on "Accept as Solution"
  • @jaeW_at_Onyx do you have to request each feature of the beta program? I thought I was set up for beta because I asked for the new mobile features, but I don't see anything for the default radio button.

• @leeann_flowers

You have to opt into each beta feature individually.

Filter Views did get released as GA with their July release so you should have access to it now.

https://domohelp.domo.com/hc/en-us/articles/360042936114-Current-Release-Notes#3.2.

**Was this post helpful? Click Agree or Like below**
    **Did this solve your problem? Accept it as a solution!**
  • @GrantSmith I misunderstood what was being asked here. I thought it was to assign a default value when using the radio button picker on a page. Currently it just comes up as unfiltered unless you also use a page filter and that seems to confuse the users some.

• @leeann_flowers

You have the correct interpretation of what the original ask was. As yet, i don't have a solution.

• @leeann_flowers and @Nick_Bertz

there currently is no way to set a default value on a filter card.

you can set a "Default Filter," but no, you cannot stop people from un-filtering a column. If necessary, consider adding text to your dashboard that provides instructions for use.

Jae Wilson
    Check out my 🎥 Domo Training YouTube Channel 👨‍💻

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the ❤️ in the post that helped you.
    **Please mark the post that solves your problem by clicking on "Accept as Solution"
  • @Nick_Bertz if you figure something out please let me know. I've been searching and can't think of a solution.

• Not saying this is an ideal solution but if the number of filter values were modest - couldn't you use variable / radio button control?

Beast mode, add calculated field, variables, give variable name, variable type and default value, select radio options (or other type), add remaining values. (Make sure add control to analyzer is checked). Create / modify beast mode calculations to be

case {field}

when control then calc

end

I use a similar concept to select which column to use for a calculation by value of the control.