Custom Connector datagrid.DATA_TYPE_DATETIME

Can DOMO recognize a datetime of this kind '2021-07-01T11:36:03Z' (with zulu suffix) as DATA_TYPE_DATETIME?

Because in the docs: https://developer.domo.com/docs/custom-connectors/reference#DATA_TYPE_DATETIME

Domo writes that this is the format required yyyy-MM-dd’T’HH:mm:ss

Answers

• @StefanoG what's the problem you're encountering?

Domo does take all data and stores it in UTC. Are you running into an error? Are you getting unexpected results?

https://domohelp.domo.com/hc/en-us/articles/360043439073-Time-Zone-Troubleshooting-FAQ

Jae Wilson
    Check out my 🎥 Domo Training YouTube Channel 👨‍💻

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the ❤️ in the post that helped you.
    **Please mark the post that solves your problem by clicking on "Accept as Solution"
  • StefanoG
    StefanoG Member
    edited July 2021

I haven't yet errors because i am still developing the connector. But i wish be sure that a string that is a date, with the Z char at end (ZULU TZ), is correctly recognized as date from DOMO

• Since Zulu time is the same as UTC and Domo is expecting the datetime to not have a timezone label at the end, I would either use the LEFT function to get only the datetime data, or use the REPLACE function to remove the Z from your string and then Domo will interpret it as a datetime value. REPLACE('datefield','Z','')

**Check out my Domo Tips & Tricks Videos

**Make sure to <3 any users posts that helped you.
    **Please mark as accepted the ones who solved your issue.
  • To do that i will must parse all the data that i got from the API, with a big computional cost and more lines of code.

I can do that, but I think taht this is not a great behavior of DOMO.

I think that DOMO shoud recognize a date in ISO 8601, so ALSO with the timezone.

• If the connector is living in Domo, then the computational costs will be on Domo's side and not yours and also should be negligible with one line of code.

Having said that, you could let it come in as is and then use a Magic ETL dataflow to convert it to a datetime if Domo doesn't automatically recognize it.

**Check out my Domo Tips & Tricks Videos

**Make sure to <3 any users posts that helped you.
    **Please mark as accepted the ones who solved your issue.