How to custom name data series in legend?

I'm looking to name each series its own custom label, take a look:

So for example, I want to change the top label to "Point - Tree - Batch", the second label to "Point - Tree - Manual", the third to "Linear - Curb and gutter - Manual", and so on... a custom label for each of the eight series.

Can anyone help?

Thank you.

Tagged:

Answers

• Hi @jblecha

You can utilize a beast mode conditionally set the value and use that as your series.

CASE WHEN `field` =  {"MODE":"Auto","Rule":"Tree"} THEN 'Point - Tree - Batch'
    WHEN `field` = ...
    END

Alternatively you could parse your field values in an ETL or you could have a separate dataset with two columns, one for the original value and another for a human readable format and then join that to your original dataset and use the human readable field as the series.

**Was this post helpful? Click Agree or Like below**
    **Did this solve your problem? Accept it as a solution!**
  • You can do this by creating a beast mode that would rename your fields and then drag that field into your series. Your beast mode would look something like this:

CASE WHEN 'fieldname' = '{"Mode":"Auto","Rule";"Tree"}' THEN 'Point - Tree - Batch'

WHEN 'fieldname' = '{"Mode":"Manual","Rule";"Tree"}' THEN 'Point - Tree - Manual'

END

Keep adding WHEN statements for each one you want to rename.

**Check out my Domo Tips & Tricks Videos

**Make sure to <3 any users posts that helped you.
    **Please mark as accepted the ones who solved your issue.
  • thank you both @GrantSmith and @MarkSnodgrass, makes sense.

I've built out the syntax for each of my eight different series in Beast Mode, but do I apply to the Data Table itself or the within the card via the Analyzer? Where in the Analyzer?

I'm sorry for the basic questions here - marketing guy in over his head!

Thank you!

• You can create a beast mode in analyzer. On the bottom right there should be a button that says Add calculated field. It will also give you the option to save the beast mode to your dataset which will make that same calculation available for other cards you make with the same data set

**Was this post helpful? Click Agree or Like below**
    **Did this solve your problem? Accept it as a solution!**