Can PDP be changed at the card level?

Good evening,

I have PDP in place for a data set in Domo but am wondering if there's a way to open up the policy for specific cards.

For example, I have a sales data set where, the way the PDP is set up, salespeople can only see their sales info when they log in. If they want to see where they rank against other salespeople on certain metrics, I have to create a non-PDP dataset that is available to everyone.

Instead of duplicating datasets, could I say, for one specific card, that PDP does not/should not apply?

Thanks,

Joe

Best Answer

• GrantSmith
    GrantSmith Coach
    Answer ✓

Hi @Joe_M

This isn’t possible because how PDP works. It filters the data before ever sending it to the visualization layer so you can’t just pick and choose if PDP is applied on a specific visualization.

**Was this post helpful? Click Agree or Like below**
    **Did this solve your problem? Accept it as a solution!**

Answers

• GrantSmith
    GrantSmith Coach
    Answer ✓

Hi @Joe_M

This isn’t possible because how PDP works. It filters the data before ever sending it to the visualization layer so you can’t just pick and choose if PDP is applied on a specific visualization.

**Was this post helpful? Click Agree or Like below**
    **Did this solve your problem? Accept it as a solution!**
  • Joe_M
    Joe_M Member

Darn. I thought so - but wanted to double-check. Appreciate the clarification.

• @Joe_M there a handful of solutions

1) remember drilldown can go to a card built against a separate dataset

2) take your entire dataset, UNION it to itself, then fill the Salesperson column with "Group Average", then set up PDP policies such that I have access to my own data and "Group Average". I see myself compared against the group, without seeing individual salespeople's activity

Jae Wilson
    Check out my 🎥 Domo Training YouTube Channel 👨‍💻

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the ❤️ in the post that helped you.
    **Please mark the post that solves your problem by clicking on "Accept as Solution"
  • Joe_M
    Joe_M Member

@jaeW_at_Onyx That is a really interesting potential solution. I'm going to take that back to my team. Thank you!

• @jaeW_at_Onyx - that's a nice approach. I'm curious, what were the rest of the handful of solutions?

“There is a superhero in all of us, we just need the courage to put on the cape.” -Superman
  • @ST_-Superman-_

i had 2x options! but for good measure, here's a third.

3) i suppose you could preaggregate the data at the rep level and then add category metrics as columns. (but eww gross pre-aggregated data :P )

Jae Wilson
    Check out my 🎥 Domo Training YouTube Channel 👨‍💻

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the ❤️ in the post that helped you.
    **Please mark the post that solves your problem by clicking on "Accept as Solution"