Show last 12 months dynamically using beast mode calculation?

I wanted to show last 12 months from June 2020 - May 2021 dynamically using beast mode calculation.

Any help is appreciated!

Thanks in advance

Best Answer

• GrantSmith
    GrantSmith Coach
    Answer ✓

Hi @Salmas

You can just use the date selector on the car to select the last 12 months instead of having to utilize a beast mode:

This will give you the most flexibility with your card. You can also configure it in analyzer to select it by default.

**Was this post helpful? Click Agree or Like below**
    **Did this solve your problem? Accept it as a solution!**

Answers

• GrantSmith
    GrantSmith Coach
    Answer ✓

Hi @Salmas

You can just use the date selector on the car to select the last 12 months instead of having to utilize a beast mode:

This will give you the most flexibility with your card. You can also configure it in analyzer to select it by default.

• If you must use a beast mode one like this should work for your use case:

CASE WHEN `dt` >= (CURRENT_DATE - INTERVAL (DAYOFMONTH(CURRENT_DATE) - 1) DAY) - INTERVAL '12' MONTH AND `dt` < (CURRENT_DATE - INTERVAL (DAYOFMONTH(CURRENT_DATE) - 1) DAY) THEN 'Include' ELSE 'Exclude' END

I've outlined getting the first day of a month in another post which will explain this in more detail:

I've also presented on this topic as well and you may find this video useful: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gO8OLpsAk4M&amp;index=6

• Salmas
    Salmas Member

Thanks @GrantSmith , it's working