Time Zone Issues

mlevine_BRIT
mlevine_BRIT Member
edited March 2023 in Datasets

I am new to the community. I am hoping there are suggestions.

I have a flat csv file that has a datetime field. The field is reflected correctly for my timezone, but when I import it into DOMO the system changes the time... it appears to believe my time is US-CT (which it is) but it also believes the data I am bringing in is UTC (which is not true).

Because my time zone recognizes Daylight Savings/Summer time change it isn't as simple as a +6 hours. Any suggestions out there?

Best Answer

• MarkSnodgrass
    Answer ✓

Domo assumes that all times coming in are converted to UTC. Depending on where you are looking at your data, it will show it in UTC time or in the time zone set in your Company Settings.

If you are uploading your CSV file via Domo Workbench, you can use the transformation settings to move all datetime values to UTC when it uploads your data to Domo.

This KB article gives a thorough breakdown of how to handle time zone differences. You may want to look through this and see what may apply to your situation.

https://domohelp.domo.com/hc/en-us/articles/360043439073-Time-Zone-Troubleshooting-FAQ

**Check out my Domo Tips & Tricks Videos

**Make sure to <3 any users posts that helped you.
    **Please mark as accepted the ones who solved your issue.

Answers

• Or is it possible to tell the system that a column is NOT a timestamp but is a datetime field type?

• MarkSnodgrass
    Answer ✓

Domo assumes that all times coming in are converted to UTC. Depending on where you are looking at your data, it will show it in UTC time or in the time zone set in your Company Settings.

If you are uploading your CSV file via Domo Workbench, you can use the transformation settings to move all datetime values to UTC when it uploads your data to Domo.

This KB article gives a thorough breakdown of how to handle time zone differences. You may want to look through this and see what may apply to your situation.

https://domohelp.domo.com/hc/en-us/articles/360043439073-Time-Zone-Troubleshooting-FAQ

**Check out my Domo Tips & Tricks Videos

**Make sure to <3 any users posts that helped you.
    **Please mark as accepted the ones who solved your issue.