Adding a line on bar-chart

Hello, I have the following bar chart, it has some metrics and a target line that was defined under the "Scale Marker" section. I would like to add another point of data in the form of a line but I am not sure how to.

Ideally, the card will include this other point as below: (sorry about the ghetto and bad drawing)

The line in question to be added is a Beast Mode calculation, basically an accumulation of a specific metric:

CASE WHEN `Metric` = 'C' THEN sum(sum(`Value`)) over(partition by YEAR(`Date`), `Metric` order by `Date`) ELSE 0 END

Below is a sample of how the raw data looks like for the screenshots.

If anyone has an idea it will be really appreciated. :)

Best Answers

Answers

• MarkSnodgrass
    Answer ✓

Have you tried the Bullet Chart? That might be a good fit for what you are trying to do.

**Check out my Domo Tips & Tricks Videos

**Make sure to <3 any users posts that helped you.
    **Please mark as accepted the ones who solved your issue.
  • jaeW_at_Onyx
    jaeW_at_Onyx Coach
    Answer ✓

@ChristianW , a Bullet Chart would work but there's also a Bar and Line chart type too.

Jae Wilson
    Check out my 🎥 Domo Training YouTube Channel 👨‍💻

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the ❤️ in the post that helped you.
    **Please mark the post that solves your problem by clicking on "Accept as Solution"
  • Hello both, thanks for your answers. Yes, that works perfectly fine, the issue was deeper since I had a beast mode with a window function plus another column with the values. Anyhow, I had to do some ETLing to overcome this otherwise, it would have been extremely difficult to get what I wanted the way the data was structured.

• side note... rewrite your metric

CASE WHEN `Metric` = 'C' THEN sum(sum(`Value`)) over(partition by YEAR(`Date`), `Metric` order by `Date`) ELSE 0 END

Avoid putting aggregations inside of a CASE statement. usually leads to heartache.

Given that it looks like you only want your aggregation to work IF the metric type is C. then write it as

sum(sum(CASE WHEN `Metric` = 'C' then `Value` end )) over(partition by YEAR(`Date`) order by `Date`)

Jae Wilson
    Check out my 🎥 Domo Training YouTube Channel 👨‍💻

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the ❤️ in the post that helped you.
    **Please mark the post that solves your problem by clicking on "Accept as Solution"