Recommendation: Connecting to Vertex

swagner
swagner Contributor

Looking for some help - I am not an IT guy... not great with this kind of thing, so I'm looking for a recommended approach.

We're looking to pull a custom report generated in Vertex to Domo (called a Data Extract definition in Vertex). My assumption is that this is probably best accomplished via their Web Services/FTP but I honestly lack the expertise to take this further on my own.

Best Answer

• jaeW_at_Onyx
    jaeW_at_Onyx Coach
    Answer ✓

@swagner this would be a 'usual suspects' type question if you asked a TAM.

Can Vertex automate emailing to you? (email connector)

can Vertex set up an automated file drop? (FTP, Amazon S3 or similar storage)?

I didn't look closlely at the documentation, but it sounds like Vertex provide a CLI (a cli presumably would allow you to gerneate a CSV locally on your machine which you could then ingest via Workbench.)

Jae Wilson
    Check out my 🎥 Domo Training YouTube Channel 👨‍💻

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the ❤️ in the post that helped you.
    **Please mark the post that solves your problem by clicking on "Accept as Solution"

Answers

• jaeW_at_Onyx
    jaeW_at_Onyx Coach
    Answer ✓

@swagner this would be a 'usual suspects' type question if you asked a TAM.

Can Vertex automate emailing to you? (email connector)

can Vertex set up an automated file drop? (FTP, Amazon S3 or similar storage)?

I didn't look closlely at the documentation, but it sounds like Vertex provide a CLI (a cli presumably would allow you to gerneate a CSV locally on your machine which you could then ingest via Workbench.)

Jae Wilson
    Check out my 🎥 Domo Training YouTube Channel 👨‍💻

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the ❤️ in the post that helped you.
    **Please mark the post that solves your problem by clicking on "Accept as Solution"
  • Hi @swagner

Looks like you might be able to use their GetFile end point to download a file from the URL however I haven’t use this product so that’s going solely off the documentation you provided. You can start there but you may need to bring in a consultant or someone more technical to complete this connection.

**Was this post helpful? Click Agree or Like below**
    **Did this solve your problem? Accept it as a solution!**
  • swagner
    swagner Contributor

@jaeW_at_Onyx & @GrantSmith thank you both for the information.