Filter data based on if it matches the data in the other data set.

I have two data sets. I need to filter based on if the same data is in the other sheet. If so I only want that filtered data to be in the sheet.

An example is if I have a row about apples. If a row says Red. I only domo to check to see if that row exists in the other sheet and if it does give it to me in a output data source.

Answers

• You are talking about datasets, so I am assuming you want to do this in a dataflow with Magic ETL. You can combine two datasets in Magic ETL with a Join tile. You would select Inner Join for the type of join and then select each of the fields that you want to use for your criteria. In your example, you would join on two fields: fruit and color. You could also use the filter tile it you knew you didn't want any other fruits in your output dataset. You can find more information about how to use the join tile here:

**Check out my Domo Tips & Tricks Videos

**Make sure to <3 any users posts that helped you.
    **Please mark as accepted the ones who solved your issue.
  • uh... it sounds like you're describing interactive filters, but you'r use case is pretty... vague.

in Domo it is possible to set up a filter that applies across multiple datasets. so if i have two different datasets with a column called Color... i can filter on "color = red" and then filter both datasets...

Jae Wilson
    Check out my 🎥 Domo Training YouTube Channel 👨‍💻

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the ❤️ in the post that helped you.
    **Please mark the post that solves your problem by clicking on "Accept as Solution"