Tool Downloads

Does anyone know what grants in the Role's options allows users to be able to download plug-ins and use them?

Best Answer

• MarkSnodgrass
    Answer ✓

According to this KB article, participant level users should be able to use the plug-in.

Use the Domo PowerPoint plugin to pull Domo cards into a PowerPoint presentation. This plugin provides much more power and flexibility than the other available methods for showing cards in PowerPoint.

Notes:

• The Domo PowerPoint plugin can be used only in PowerPoint on Windows machines and is only supported by Office 2000 and later.
    • This plugin can be used by Admin-, Privileged-, Editor-, and Participant-level users.

If you are finding that not to be the case, I would contact support as @jaeW_at_Onyx mentioned.

**Check out my Domo Tips & Tricks Videos

**Make sure to <3 any users posts that helped you.
    **Please mark as accepted the ones who solved your issue.

Answers

• @Brandon ,

I think i'd frame it a different way. What behavior are you trying to control?

If i had to guess, you're trying to prevent people from accessing data outside of Domo. that's a bit tricky because because theoretically if i can read data in domo there's no reason i shouldn't be able to read data outside of domo. (from Domo's perspective).

if you're trying to disable "Export from Domo" you may need custom roles. That's a feature that can be enabled (talk to your CSM)

Jae Wilson
    Check out my 🎥 Domo Training YouTube Channel 👨‍💻

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the ❤️ in the post that helped you.
    **Please mark the post that solves your problem by clicking on "Accept as Solution"
  • @jaeW_at_Onyx ,

First thank you for your response.

The issue that I'm running into is that a user is trying to use the PowerPoint plug-in. Since they are a participant they don't have the rights to download the plug-in. I don't want to give them a role that allows them more access than what they currently have, so I was thinking to create a custom role that had this option enabled, if that is possible.

And if it is, where does this exist in the list of grants?

• oof @Brandon i don't know the answer. that would be a great question for support,

and if you were thinking of going the custom role route, ask them, they probably get this question all the time (b/c custom roles is a popular topic with customers).

Jae Wilson
    Check out my 🎥 Domo Training YouTube Channel 👨‍💻

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the ❤️ in the post that helped you.
    **Please mark the post that solves your problem by clicking on "Accept as Solution"
  • MarkSnodgrass
    Answer ✓

According to this KB article, participant level users should be able to use the plug-in.

Use the Domo PowerPoint plugin to pull Domo cards into a PowerPoint presentation. This plugin provides much more power and flexibility than the other available methods for showing cards in PowerPoint.

Notes:

• The Domo PowerPoint plugin can be used only in PowerPoint on Windows machines and is only supported by Office 2000 and later.
    • This plugin can be used by Admin-, Privileged-, Editor-, and Participant-level users.

If you are finding that not to be the case, I would contact support as @jaeW_at_Onyx mentioned.

**Check out my Domo Tips & Tricks Videos

**Make sure to <3 any users posts that helped you.
    **Please mark as accepted the ones who solved your issue.