Currency filter on Dashboard

Hello,

In my dataset, I have created new columns to get specific information in Euro, Dollar or Japanese Yen

I would like to know if it's possible to build a filter card, listing all possible currencies we have in our Data set: Euro, Dollar, Japanese Yen

When the user click on it, all cards should be impacted by this selection. Getting all sales in the selected currency.

Do you know if it' possible of if there is another way to build this kind of Dashboard.

Otherwise, I'll have to duplicate this dashboard and select the currency manually

Many thanks,

Julien

Comments

• @user047019 , to be able to select your currency from a filter, you'd have to structure your data so that you have one row per transaction PER CURRENCY TYPE. Then you can just add a filter for "currency type"

In other words, instead of having Amount_dollar, Amount_Yet, Amout_Euro, you'd just have one column, Amount, and another column "currency type"

side note, it'd be really nice if you updated your handle! so we can at_mention you more easily

Jae Wilson
    Check out my 🎥 Domo Training YouTube Channel 👨‍💻

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the ❤️ in the post that helped you.
    **Please mark the post that solves your problem by clicking on "Accept as Solution"
  • hi @jaeW_at_Onyx ,

Thanks for that quick answer. I was thinking about that solution but I would have to multiply all the existing line by the number of currency I want to track . It's a cumbersome solution.

But thanks anyway.

• Hi @user047019

What you'd need to do is "stack" your data into a single dataset where you'd have the amounts calculated and then depending on the filter you have selected it will then select the appropriate records.

Date | Currency | Amount

1/1/2021 | ¥ | 10000

1/2/2021 | ¥ | 5000

1/3/2021 | ¥ | 250000

1/1/2021 | $ | 10

1/2/2021 | $| 50

1/3/2021 | $ | 250

1/1/2021 | € | 7

1/2/2021 | € | 40

1/3/2021 | € | 200

You'll need to be aware that if no currency is selected then all of the currencies will be used to calculate everything. You could have a separate card atop your dashboard to display a text message if you detect more than one currency in your dashboard filters.

**Was this post helpful? Click Agree or Like below**
    **Did this solve your problem? Accept it as a solution!**
  • BenSchein
    BenSchein Domo Product Manager

We are working on an approach in product to swap variables in this manner. Not positive in timing. But stacking is a good option for now. You could probably do this virtually with dataset views as well if you did not want an extra ETL step.

• @user047019 , it's a common design pattern in Domo for features like this.

CROSS apply is relatively easy in Magic to do a CROSS APPLY just add a fixed constant of 1 on the left and right side of the dataset and JOIN on 1 = 1

https://youtu.be/Xb4QgKYgaqg?t=295

Jae Wilson
    Check out my 🎥 Domo Training YouTube Channel 👨‍💻

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the ❤️ in the post that helped you.
    **Please mark the post that solves your problem by clicking on "Accept as Solution"
  • Thanks all