Year filter on YOY comparison

Hi All,

I have card that I need filtered by chosen years.  I have a 5 year data (2017-2021) and need be able for users to compare 2 chosen years using a filter. I tried the min/max function but does not seem to return the right result.  I used the below BM:

To show recent year:  case when `Year`= MAX(`Year`) then sum(`Gross Revenue`) end

To show older year: case when `Year`= MIN(`Year`) then sum(`Gross Revenue`) end

I am new to Domo and do hope someone can help.  Thank you in advance.

Comments

• In order to do what you want to do in a Beast Mode, you will have to get a feature turned on by your CSM that isn't on by default. Ask them to turn on Window Functions for Beast Modes. 

Alternatively, you could accomplish this by using a pivot table card and put your Year field in the columns list. This would break up the totals by year. You could also add the Year field to the Filters section and select Turn on Quick Filters and then let the user select which years they want to view.

**Check out my Domo Tips & Tricks Videos

**Make sure to <3 any users posts that helped you.
    **Please mark as accepted the ones who solved your issue.
  • Hi Mark,

Thank you for the quick response.

I am looking to be able to use a year filter in a dashboard. I do have other BM within the dashboard like % Change, share, and variance.  I am hoping to have a dynamic dashboard instead of recreating the dashboard every year. User can choose 2 years i.e. 2019 & 2020 and be able to compare the 2. Do you know of a way to accomplish this?

I understand the quick filter pivot table solution you suggested. How will the % Change beast mode look like? 

Thank you in advance for your help.