% of Total

Hey there, I'm trying to create a % of total column for my dataset with various domains.

Issue is, there's multiple rows with the same values as others.

Tried to perform a group by domain then rank by video plays with a partition by url, but it is not working. 

Thought maybe a window function could work, but I would need it to be distinct since each url is different.

I don't think it's possible to do for each domain individually cause my original dataset has 937k rows and about 30+ domains, but if I have to...

I also wanted to know, is there a way to perform rank if you have multiple rows with the same value? 

Similar Example of my table

DomainVideo PlaysTopicURL
abc.com1Dinosaursabc.com/hgffdjnhgdjn
bec.com214Hipposxyz.com/gsGEG
abc.com156Alligator bec.com/agreah
bec.com2Rhinoabc.com/gaggb
dbhiaf.com269Bearbhiaf.com/agregher
efg.com569Deerefg.com/fgfhgsh
hikj.com45Kiwihikj.com/hfgshtf
jijk.com92Platypusefg.com/fdsGS
efg.com92Narwhaldbhiaf.com/gsgsge
efg.com92Beaverjijk.com/gsdagre
efg.com879Antjijk.com/gdagaerd
jijk.com214Kangaroodbhiaf.com/gahreah
bec.com1Dolphinabc.com/greagraeg
dbhiaf.com2Giraffedbhiaf.com/graehaerh
abc.com214Emuxyz.com/agrage
xyz.com300Mousexyz.com/fresgr
jijk.com214Snakejijk.com/cdsfaGF

I think down the road, I will need to separate the domains from each other and locate % of total that way too, but that may be asking for too much.

Comments

• it is unclear to me why you need rank for percent of total.

assuming you have Domains on the axis you could get each domain's percent of total with

sum(video_plays) / sum(sum(video_plays))

Jae Wilson
    Check out my 🎥 Domo Training YouTube Channel 👨‍💻

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the ❤️ in the post that helped you.
    **Please mark the post that solves your problem by clicking on "Accept as Solution"
  • Oh! Yeah, I want to get the percent of total on each domain separately, but I don't think it possible. 

And then a rank on each domain separately. 

• Oh no, I also am getting an error. It won't let me display this in a table. 

• ? can you be more specific about the error?

Window Functions require feature enablement, contact your CSM and ask them for "Window functions in Beast Modes"

Jae Wilson

**Please mark the post that solves your problem by clicking on "Accept as Solution"
  • I've contacted my CSM.

The window functions are enabled, but I will contact my CSM to see if there's a bug. 

• I'll return once the window functions are fixed to accept to the solution. 

It could be my data maybe? 

• ... there's nothing wrong with Window Functions AFAIK.  It's either enabled or it's not.  From there users usually havea problem in their code.  

I've covered tons of window functions on my YouTube channel, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eifSYZIcPzg

Jae Wilson

• Thanks so much with helping me on this and sourcing me with your content. Your vids have definitely helped me adjust to DOMO a lot easier. I'll have to look at this video later today.