Is there a way to manage the org chart that is not so manual?

John_Wayne
John_Wayne Member
edited March 2023 in Datasets

I want to keep my company's org chart in Domo up to date, but it is too much work for one person to do manually. I would love it if there was a way to do a bulk import or something similar that I could do periodically. In fact, I was hoping this could be part of the People bulk import by just adding an extra field like "manager email" with who the person reports to.

Best Answer

• BrendanH
    BrendanH Domo Employee
    Answer ✓

There is not currently a way to bulk manage the org chart, this would have to be submitted as product feedback.

Answers

• BrendanH
    BrendanH Domo Employee
    Answer ✓

There is not currently a way to bulk manage the org chart, this would have to be submitted as product feedback.

• Just curious, was this ever submitted as a product feedback?

If not, can it be?  What do you need from me/us to get it submitted?

Would be a nice feature to add and could be (seemingly) fairly easy to implement -- maybe by adding a "Manager" field to the user bulk import process and feed that into the org chart functionality?

Thanks!

--Nick

• @PacoTaco this problem has been solved before but ... i think it's usually an add-on app or tool that clients pay for. ask your CSM, but also check in with the Domo User Group b/c this can be done with Python Scripts and the like.  

I think Andrew at CrystalBallers may have a custom app.  Are you in the global slack channel?https://join.slack.com/t/domousergroup/shared_invite/zt-dxq99gyf-MBatRTzIbpUAqTCYfDDJZw  He lurks in there.

Jae Wilson
    Check out my 🎥 Domo Training YouTube Channel 👨‍💻

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the ❤️ in the post that helped you.
    **Please mark the post that solves your problem by clicking on "Accept as Solution"
  • @jaeW_at_Onyx  Thanks for the heads up. We have another app that handles org charting currently, was just trying to do it natively in DOMO reporting -- one less app to maintain.

Thanks,

--Nick