Listagg function or equivalent

Trying to do the following calculation so i can have all the available strings in a given column aggregated with a comma delimiter. Basically trying to correctly use the listagg function which appears to be quietly supported by domo, but still having trouble. Has anyone been able to use this function or get around it some other way? Thanks!

Scenario:

Column A          |          Listagg(distinct 'Column A')

Car                    |           Car, Boat, Motorcycle

Car                    |           Car, Boat, Motorcycle

Boat                  |           Car, Boat, Motorcycle

Motorcycle        |           Car, Boat, Motorcycle

Comments

• Have you considered using the Magic ETL to do this? You could use the Pivot/Uncollapse Columns tile to do this along with a Combine Columns tile.

**Check out my Domo Tips & Tricks Videos

**Make sure to <3 any users posts that helped you.
    **Please mark as accepted the ones who solved your issue.
  • thanks for the response, Mark. In this use case i need this card to be reactive to user interaction. More specifically, i'm trying to pass page filters as pfilters and need a mechanism to pass an aggregated list of values in the event more than one of these is selected on a given page filter.

• GROUP_CONCAT is the MySQL version of LISTAGG

group_concat(MyString separator ', ')

**Was this post helpful? Click Agree or Like below**
    **Did this solve your problem? Accept it as a solution!**
  • thanks!

doesn't appear like GROUP_CONCAT is recognized as a valid function in beast mode... ?

• You cannot Group_Concat in Beast Mode / Analyzer.  You have to do this in SQL or Magic AFAIK

Jae Wilson
    Check out my 🎥 Domo Training YouTube Channel 👨‍💻

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the ❤️ in the post that helped you.
    **Please mark the post that solves your problem by clicking on "Accept as Solution"