Azure SQL DW Connector do not have Upsert function

Everytime when i run the dataset to update few records it takes hours together to finish. How can i do upsert function using this connector. There is another connector 'Azure Synapse' and it appears that one is also missing this functionality.

Thanks!

Comments

• Hi @user057041 

UPSERT isn't available for many connectors currently. Only Workbench and those connectors listed https://knowledge.domo.com/Connect/Managing_DataSets/DataSet_Update_Methods#Upsert_and_partition have the ability to do UPSERTs. Right now it doesn't appear possible to do UPSERTs with the Azure SQL DW Connector.

**Was this post helpful? Click Agree or Like below**
    **Did this solve your problem? Accept it as a solution!**
  • Thanks for the details. Is there an alternative solution in the meantime. our data is in Azure DW and so this connector is our only solution to use.

Thanks!

• as @GrantSmith  said, try Workbench.

If Azure DW supports an ODBC driver you should be able to round trip the data from Azure, through your Client machine into Domo via WB.  It's not ideal, but it gets the job done and it supports UPSERT.

That said, contact your AE / CSM, Azure DW seems pretty common and it may already be on the product road map.

Jae Wilson
    Check out my 🎥 Domo Training YouTube Channel 👨‍💻

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the ❤️ in the post that helped you.
    **Please mark the post that solves your problem by clicking on "Accept as Solution"