Filter cards: Search one value, filter on another?

We use a client ID system where each client gets a long number string as an identification number. On one of my dashboards, I would like to be able to search a client name, but have the dashboard filter by its corresponding client ID (because we can have multiple records of the same client). Is this a possibility using filter cards - to be able to search one value, but filter by a different value? Thanks!

Best Answer

• GrantSmith
    GrantSmith Coach
    Answer ✓

Hi @user067324 

Right now you can't filter other cards based on a different field than the one you selected. It would be a great feature enhancement but currently isn't possible based on how Domo is designed.

**Was this post helpful? Click Agree or Like below**
    **Did this solve your problem? Accept it as a solution!**

Answers

• GrantSmith
    GrantSmith Coach
    Answer ✓

Hi @user067324 

Right now you can't filter other cards based on a different field than the one you selected. It would be a great feature enhancement but currently isn't possible based on how Domo is designed.

• Thank you @GrantSmith!! 

• Just JOIN the CLIENT_ID and the CLIENT_LegibleText to your dataset ... then build a filter using CLIENT_LegibleText.

Am i not understanding something?

Jae Wilson
    Check out my 🎥 Domo Training YouTube Channel 👨‍💻

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the ❤️ in the post that helped you.
    **Please mark the post that solves your problem by clicking on "Accept as Solution"
  • My understanding was to filter based on the ID when selecting a client name because there's the possibility of duplicate names for different records. So selecting one column (name) and filtering based on a different column (ID) wasn't possible.

• I have the same question and a bit more of a reasoning. I have a federated mapping dataset (cannot be stored in Domo and thus can't be used in ETL or joined directly) that has item_id, item_name. All of my other cards are from tables that have item_id in them. 

Currently, I can click on item_id in any of the cards, and it will filter both the federated and regular datasets. Right now, clicking on an item_id gives back just the row with the item_name. The problem is that users generally know the item_name they are responsible for and not the item_id. I'd like a user to be able to search item_name in the federated dataset and when they make a selection have that apply a filter to the rest of the dashboard with the corresponding item_id.

This discussion has been closed.