URI Encode

I am building a new connector and need to URI encode data.  I have tried DOMO.b64EncodeUnicode(***) but this does not seem to work. Anyone got any ideas?

Thanks

Best Answer

• Simon_King
    Simon_King Member
    Answer ✓

I have used escape() this appears to encode the special characters OK.

Answers

• what's not working?

can you post your code, sample input, actual output, and expected output?

Jae Wilson
    Check out my 🎥 Domo Training YouTube Channel 👨‍💻

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the ❤️ in the post that helped you.
    **Please mark the post that solves your problem by clicking on "Accept as Solution"
  • Hi,

In PS I can use:

$creds = 'username=' +
    ([System.Web.HttpUtility]::UrlEncode([System.Web.HttpUtility]::UrlDecode($username))) +
    '&password=' +
    ([System.Web.HttpUtility]::UrlEncode([System.Web.HttpUtility]::UrlDecode($password)))

and use this to authenticate against the API and in DOMO I am trying to use

var creds = "username=" + DOMO.b64EncodeUnicode(metadata.account.Username) + "&password="+ DOMO.b64EncodeUnicode(metadata.account.Password);

but this fails using the same credentials.

Thanks

• Sure... but Simon what's failing?

var creds = "username=" + DOMO.b64EncodeUnicode(metadata.account.Username) + "&password="+ DOMO.b64EncodeUnicode(metadata.account.Password);

when you DOMO.log() the resulting string what result do you get?

when you DOMO.log() the individual parts from the metadata object, are you returning a result, i.e. is the case correct blah blah?

when you DOMO.log() the b64encode method do you get a properly encoded string or does the method fail?

Jae Wilson

**Please mark the post that solves your problem by clicking on "Accept as Solution"
  • hi, Its failing to authenticate, it doesn't recognise the username and/or password as valid.  I have ensured they are both exactly the same and being posted to exactly the same URL but it fails in DOMO. I think the only issue could be the encoding but Im not sure if DOMO.b64EncodeUnicode=URIEncoding.

• which api? b/c afaik after authentication, you should only use access tokens ...

Jae Wilson

• Hi, This is a new one I'm setting up, it uses username & password to then get a session token.  i have written various APIs that don't use a access token.  Encoding always seems to be a issue in DOMO.

• Simon_King
    Simon_King Member
    Answer ✓

I have used escape() this appears to encode the special characters OK.