New user access to cards when adding to an existing group?

Joe_M
Joe_M Member
edited March 2023 in Datasets

Good evening,

If I add a new team member to an existing group, and that group already has access to a number of cards, the new member should automatically see those cards, correct?

Similarly - if those cards have PDP, and the PDP policy already includes the group that the new member was added to, shouldn't the new member have the necessary access to see the PDP cards?

That's how I understood the workflow, yet I have a new team member who is getting the "ask for permission" option across the board.

Thanks and happy to provide additional info if needed.

-Joe

Best Answer

• jaeW_at_Onyx
    jaeW_at_Onyx Coach
    Answer ✓

interesting.  the assumptions you described sound correct to me.

to troubleshoot.  create an (empty) group.  share content to the group. then add a user to the group and confirm that they see the content. 

if yes, verify your workflow by resharing content with the group instead of individuals and see if the user gets access.  Also verify under Admin > Cards or Admin > Pages, it lists that you've shared content with groups not people.

After that ... hate to say it but support might be your next best bet b/c according to the UI it should work.

Jae Wilson
    Check out my 🎥 Domo Training YouTube Channel 👨‍💻

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the ❤️ in the post that helped you.
    **Please mark the post that solves your problem by clicking on "Accept as Solution"

Answers

• jaeW_at_Onyx
    jaeW_at_Onyx Coach
    Answer ✓

interesting.  the assumptions you described sound correct to me.

to troubleshoot.  create an (empty) group.  share content to the group. then add a user to the group and confirm that they see the content. 

if yes, verify your workflow by resharing content with the group instead of individuals and see if the user gets access.  Also verify under Admin > Cards or Admin > Pages, it lists that you've shared content with groups not people.

After that ... hate to say it but support might be your next best bet b/c according to the UI it should work.

Jae Wilson

**Please mark the post that solves your problem by clicking on "Accept as Solution"
  • Thanks Jae - really perplexing as this flow has worked in the past! But I'll give the empty group solution a try & see what happens. 

• @Joe_M  always test to be sure.  but if functionality changes, without a documented reason, then it's worth reporting to support.

Jae Wilson