Domo CLI - create-dataset produces "error status 500"

I am testing Domo CLI and I simply downloaded the schema for a dataset with "get-dataset" and then try to upload the same file to create a new dataset using:

"create-dataset -n "Marketing Dataset - Test Help Center" -t DataFlow -s dataset_download"

I receive an "error status 500" with no further information and there are 10 attempts. (See attached screenshot). 

Weirdly the dataset is created 10 times in Domo now. (see attaches screenshot)

Is there any way I can get more information what exactly ist the error?
Can someone guide me in the right direction how to solve this issue?

My end-goal is to download a schema of a dataset and change Beast-Mode-names and formulas and upload it again. But the first step prevents me from going further in this diretion. 

Thanks for any advice!

Comments

• Hi @Steffi 

You might be interested in the Beast Mode Manager beta which would be an easier option for changing your beast modes in a single place rather than having to worry about using the CLI.

Talk to your CSM to see if they can get that setup for you.

**Was this post helpful? Click Agree or Like below**
    **Did this solve your problem? Accept it as a solution!**
  • try reducing the stuff in the schema file.

try changing the type from dataflow to API or CSV

try changing the dataset name to not include a hypen.

if you're trying to alter Beast Modes, beast mode manager will probably be the better tool for this job.

Jae Wilson
    Check out my 🎥 Domo Training YouTube Channel 👨‍💻

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the ❤️ in the post that helped you.
    **Please mark the post that solves your problem by clicking on "Accept as Solution"
  • Steffi
    Steffi Member

Hey Jae,

thanks for your suggestions.. I implemented your changes, but have the same problem: 
    create-dataset -n test_steffi -t API -s dataset_download

We generally use Beast-Mode-Manager, but we have two use-cases that I was not able to solve with it: 
    1) when creating a new dataset, I want to have all Beast-Modes from another dataset copied to the new dataset
    2) We have several duplicated Beast-Modes, because we transferred cards to a new datasource.. so we hundreds of "XXX (Merged from dataource xxx...)" Beast-Modes, that I wanted to try to either delete via API or try to merge with the original datasource. 

Happy to hear any further ideas you might have! 
    Thanks already ?

• hmm... update your version of the CLI?

Beast Mode Manager does have a bulk update feature.

Capture.PNG

Jae Wilson
    Check out my 🎥 Domo Training YouTube Channel 👨‍💻

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the ❤️ in the post that helped you.
    **Please mark the post that solves your problem by clicking on "Accept as Solution"
This discussion has been closed.