Current Year, Prior Year, and Budget on Same Card

Hello,

I'm trying to build a car with Budget, Current Year Actuals, and Prior Year Actuals.  I created the view I wanted (see attachment), however, I had to use BeastMode.  I can't filter easily with the way I had to write the BeastMode. 

PROBLEM: Create a card with CY Actuals, PY Actuals, and Budget on one card with the ability to adjust Page Filters and have the card update.

Note: I've tried the Period over Period chart type without success.  I have Budget as part of the underlying data, but can't get it to show up.  There is not an option for "Series" in the Period over Period chart type.

BEASTMODE:

CASE
when `Order Amount (Global)` and YEAR(`Date`) = YEAR(CURRENT_DATE()) then 'CY Actuals'
when `Order Amount (Global)` and Year(`Date`) = YEAR(CURRENT_DATE())-1 then 'PY Actuals'
when `Orders Budget (Global)` and YEAR(`Date`) = YEAR(CURRENT_DATE()) then 'Budget'
Else '2+ Years'
end

YoY and Budget.PNG

Comments

• Hi @user054650 

@jaeW_at_Onyx has had several writeups about this specific problem but it boils down to you want a new table which has an actual date, a report date and an offset/period type. (Read more about it here: https://dojo.domo.com/t5/Beast-Mode-ETL-Dataflow/Calculating-index-vs-Year-Ago/m-p/48952)

So you'd have 

| Actual | Report | Offset |

| 1/1/2020 | 1/1/2020 | Current Year |

| 1/2/2020 | 1/2/2020 | Current Year |

| 1/3/2020 | 1/3/2020 | Current Year |

| 1/1/2020 | 1/1/2019 | Prior Year |

| 1/2/2020 | 1/2/2019 | Prior Year |

| 1/3/2020 | 1/3/2019 | Prior Year |

In a separate table and join to this table so you can filter / beast mode based on the offset type. You'd want to utilize three separate beast modes as well instead of a single beast mode.

As for your card you can utilize a Line Bar chart to get what you're looking for.

**Was this post helpful? Click Agree or Like below**
    **Did this solve your problem? Accept it as a solution!**
  • If possible, could you share an example of a card that used this solution?

Thank you!

• https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CDKNOmKClms

Here you go @user054650 .  If you have further questions, check out some of the videos on my channel!

If you're looking for one on one support, I am available at a reasonable rate to provide consulting services, reach out to me at jae@onyxreporting.com.

BTW @GrantSmith , in your solution you put the offset in the Report Date column.  The offset should go into the Activity Date.

Jae Wilson
    Check out my 🎥 Domo Training YouTube Channel 👨‍💻

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the ❤️ in the post that helped you.
    **Please mark the post that solves your problem by clicking on "Accept as Solution"
This discussion has been closed.